Information for Audience Members
Please be aware that this code is intended to keep us all as safe as we can be, and to reduce the risks wherever possible associated with COVID-19.
Compliance to this code is a way of showing respect for fellow audience members whilst on site at the Blackburn Empire, any non-compliance could result in the jeopardising of public health which is a risk we cannot take, and therefore all mandatory items listed below must be adhered to for entry to the Theatre:
- Please use the sanitising stations at the entrance and throughout the theatre.
- Tickets are best purchased in advance, but the box office is now open before most shows to buy tickets on the door.
- The QR code for Track & Trace is available for use with the NHS COVID app.
- Audience hygiene
- Please make every effort not to crowd into areas and please follow the advice from our staff.
- We ask that all Audience members maintain good hand hygiene, please use the sanitiser stations provided around the venue and avoid touching your face or any unnecessary surfaces. Our team may also ask you to sanitise your hands. Please cooperate with them.
- Please observe respiratory etiquette and always cover your mouth if needing to cough or sneeze.
- Face coverings are no longer compulsory.
- Food and Drink
Please be advised that you are not permitted to bring your own food and drink to the venue
- Arrival at the Blackburn Empire
- Audience Members will be permitted access to the Theatre 45 minutes prior to the published show start time, any queuing will take place in on the pavement on Aqueduct Road. Earlier arrival to the building will not be possible. Please be prepared for the weather, as you may have to wait outside as we allow audience members to enter.
- There are no toilet facilities before entering the building.
- Please have your tickets ready to scan at the entrance. Tickets can be printed or displayed on a mobile device.
- Please note that the bars will be open to buy and take drinks and food, but please do visit the bar individually rather than in full groups.
- Whilst in the Theatre, please follow signs and obey instructions from staff and public address announcements.
- Any members of the audience with accessible tickets, including wheelchair spaces, are encouraged to notify the staff and will be escorted to the front of any queues to give more time for entry, and to be assisted if required.
- Audience Members must not attend the venue if they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms and agree that if any member of their party was to develop Covid-19 symptoms in the interim, that they will not attend the Theatre. A list of Covid-19 symptoms is shown below:
- Cough in the last 7 days
- Unusual Shortness of Breath on activity for two or more consecutive days
- New Shortness of Breath at rest
- Fever/Feeling Hot/Sweating
- Loss of Smell
- Loss of Taste
- Red Eyes or Sticky Eyes
- New Runny Nose
- New Blocked Nose
- Sore Throat